Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Good news, and Obstacles

First let me begin with the good news.

I filed my taxes today. Yes, I filed with H&R Block consciously aware that they kill you on fees. Why did I do that? A.) I've always filed there with the exception of when I tried to do it myself and ended up having to pay the IRS a crap ton because of misfiling some things. B.) It was right down the street like a block away. Seemed pretty practical. The good news about this is that I got way more than I thought I would - especially for being a single guy, and making less than $20k the previous year. I'll leave the amount undisclosed because legitimately, it's not THAT much. Especially compared to people who have kids and families. But I'm definitely going to have enough to put a dent in the growth of my business.

More good news. Thanks to Joe Myers, owner of Crawford County Computers, we got a lot of our networking taken care of for the console gaming side of the store. Just have to get more consoles now! Thanks Joe for offering awesome services. Joe has been a great deal of help in other avenues as well as far as wisdom and lending a helping hand.

Overall, business has been pretty steady. Nothing overwhelming, but a little better than I initially expected. Overhead with having to pay utility deposits are still a little bit ridiculous though!

The Obstacles:

My tax return isn't going to arrive for at least 7-14 business days. Which means 2 weeks of only 2 monitors and 2 360s for the console gaming. That's just not going to cut it.

My health! Good jeebus, do you know how hard it is to be 133 pounds, and work 16 hour days with only 2 meals? It's hard.

The utilities. I'm still waiting on my first electric bill. But I know it's going to be really high. The deposit alone is going to be an additional $215 for the first 3 months for deposits. Not seeing exactly what the bill is yet stresses me out!


Internet. I can already tell I'm going to need to increase my bandwidth immediately.

---

Can't complain too much though. Success comes with time and patience, both of which I have been lacking lately. But I'm making the best of what I have. And I'm really happy with the support the local community has been giving, like I said before. I'm leaning towards having our actual "Grand Open" at the beginning of March when I'll have more TV's and consoles installed. I'm going to do a huge grand opening weekend. It'll be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment